Code for Africa is looking for a Community and Communications Program Assistant who will serve in a support role for our Knowledge and Engagement programs. You will work directly with the Code for Africa Knowledge and Engagement Program Lead, to provide cross-functional community, communication, and outreach support.
You will also get to work with multiple teams in different time zones on the coordination of outreach across our Hacks/Hackers chapters and other Academy engagements in Africa.
- Communications Coordination: Manage all Academy and Hacks/Hackers communications, including social media, Medium, Slack open community channels, newsletters, and online publications.
- Campaigns: Support online and offline outreach activities and campaigns for the Academy and its communities, projects, apps, tools and platforms to ensure strong visibility among the Code for Africa internal and external communities.
- Events: Support Academy event communications, marketing and branding inclusive of the Academy’s events and workshops, working closely with the events and logistics team. When necessary, serve as a reporter at live events to create content for distribution across the Academy’s digital channels. Support planning for the Academy, assisting in research and development and content topics for events.
- Digital Engagement: Support tracking of digital engagement across the Code for Africa & Academy platforms and channels on social and digital media platforms, using relevant and best practice engagement metrics
- Content: Assist Academy in-country teams to create and distribute communication and campaigns, creating content that drives engagement. Champion Code for Africa / Academy tools and stories in newsrooms and journalism schools, and surface successful Academy case studies. Shape the content aspects of Academy events. This also includes working on sites for the different events organized by Code for Africa using WordPress.
- Community & Brand: Actively market the Academy programmes and alumni projects to encourage public engagement and stakeholder participation and to cultivate a community around the programmes. This includes curating the Academy participant/stakeholder community on the appropriate social media and open Slack channels, as well as shaping marketing strategies and brand collateral in support of the programmes.
Read more about the role and ideal qualifications here.
How to Apply
Sound like you? Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A compelling case(s) (be as creative as you’d like), with a clear showcase of skills and past experience
- Portfolio of completed projects/campaigns demonstrating your role in each and achieved outcomes/results
- Your resume
About Code for Africa
Code for Africa is the continent’s largest independent open data and civic technology initiative. Our federation of partners in 20+ countries seeks to build digital democracies that give citizens timely and unfettered access to actionable information that empowers them to make informed decisions and that strengthens civic engagement for improved public governance and accountability.
Leave a comment