KenGen is now looking for a company secretary
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, the Company Secretary & Legal Affairs Director will provide Board secretarial services and will be the principal legal counsel to KenGen who provides legal advice and ensures legal compliance with regard to KenGen‘s operations, management of shareholders and bondholders; property management and insurance risk as well as advise on dispute prevention and resolution while ensuring value for money. S/He will also act as a key link between the company and its shareholders, and selected government and regulatory authorities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University;
• A Post Graduate qualification in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
• An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
• Valid membership to the Law Society of Kenya
• Certified Public Secretary of Kenya CPS (K);
• Valid membership to the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK);
• A Master’s Degree in Law, Business, and or a related field is an added advantage;
• Minimum ten (10) years’ experience with at least five (5) years spent at senior management level in a significant organization (s) with similar complexity as KenGen;
• Understanding of the workings of Capital Markets Authority and Nairobi Securities Exchange is an added advantage;
• Excellent leadership competencies including analytical skills, excellent organization and coordination skills and ability to make difficult decisions; and
• Experience working with local and global stakeholders as a strategic business partner, stakeholder and/or shareholder.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received by no later than Friday, 09 February 2018 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
For more details on KenGen and job description for this role, please log on to http://www.kengen.co.ke/jobs/